Since 1927, the Garden Club of Savannah’s mission has been to assist in the beautification and environmental preservation of Savannah, exemplified by our year-round work to maintain three significant gardens in our area- The Ronald McDonald House, Massie Heritage Center, and the Savannah Botanical Gardens. Our non-profit has awarded over $350,000 to local affiliated organizations over the past seventeen years. We are the oldest active garden club in the state of Georgia. Our history is directly related to the heart of what makes Savannah an outstanding place to live and visit.
In 1975, the Garden Club of Savannah elected to replace the Christmas tour with a spring tour of gardens limited to the area North of Gaston Street (expanded to North of Gwinnett Street in 2012). This geographic area spans the area from Gwinnett Street north to the Savannah River. The Hidden Gardens Tour is our only fundraiser, which has a 100% active member participation. Funds from the Tour are donated to numerous organizations throughout Savannah.
Sharing the Art of Southern Hospitality with our guests for over 46 years.