The Garden Club of Savannah was organized in March 1927, and is the oldest active garden club in the State of Georgia. We currently subscribe to 115 members, of which 82 are active memberships. The Garden Club encourages gardening through education with a wide interest in local community, environmental, and historic preservation.
The Garden Club of Savannah is a not-for-profit organization. In 1975, the club introduced a Spring tour of gardens limited to the area North of Gaston Street, thus the “NOGS” (North of Gaston Street). In 2012 the garden tour was expanded to North of Gwinnett Street.